Holkam Hall Cycle Ride
Raynet Control will be at CP1 -
Terry, G4PSH, will be controller for the day.
Cycle ride starts at 10.00 and should end around 16.00
1) OPERATING FREQUENCY, -
2) Power/aerial required -
3) Raynet operators on air for 09.30, find the marshals and introduce yourself to them and log in with control. Not all CPs have Marshals. (There will be a free-
4) There will be a Big ’C’ white van available for bike repairs/recovery during the day. This will also act as sweeper at the end of the event. It also makes regular circuits, so make yourself known to them if there are no marshals at your CP.
5) Please remain at your station until advised to stand down by control.
6) If you need to go -
7) Our role is to provide communications in case of emergency/ a cyclist needs help. DO NOT help any cyclists or give first aid, unless properly qualified.
8) As the cyclists pedal as many circuits as they wish for their sponsorship, there is no need to keep track of their numbers during the day. If we need to contact / trace a particular rider, control will put that number out to all stations.
9) Steve, G7VAH, will be available throughout the day. If the weather is good he will quite happily accept sponsorship money as he cycles around the control points!!
10) If the weather looks good make sure you take a chair to sit on. Ha ha ha!!
Don’t forget your ID badge and a tabard -
Many thanks for everything on the day,
Steve, G7VAH, Coastal Raynet Controller
Although we do have all CPs manned, if the weather’s nice do come and join us -
Back to Top ^^
<< Back to Events 2008